Blogging can be a full-time job, and at times there’s not enough time to do everything that needs to be done without help. Maybe you’re now starting off and need help on a consistent basis, or maybe you just need help occasionally to help lighten your workload. If you normally do everything for yourself, you may not even know where to start outsourcing your tasks. It’s not always easy to know which tasks to outsource and which to do yourself, but it’s not difficult once you get the hang of it.
There are no right and wrong answers when deciding how to manage the tasks related to your blog and business, but there are ways to figure out what’s right for you. Think about what you feel is important for you to handle and what is less important. Also, think about what you’re good at and what you need improvement on. Consider these things when deciding what to outsource. Now, maybe you’re not too sure what you should outsource, if that is the case, I’m going to go through 9 tasks you can outsource that will help you focus on your business.
- Writing out Blog Posts – Blog writing is definitely one of the main tasks bloggers tend to outsource. Some publish the blog posts as is, and some add personalization to the blog post before publishing. Keep in mind that this is not something you have to outsource, it’s completely up to you and depends on what quality of writing you are looking for. When outsourcing writing, be sure to articulate what you’re looking for and any preferences you have. Trying out different writers is the best way to see who offers the best quality work, and if their writing suits your blog.
- Email Writing – If you choose to do all of the blog writing yourself, you may decide to outsource all of your email marketing or social media updates. Keep in mind that you don’t necessarily need to have this done weekly, you can do it on an “as needed” basis to lighten your work load. You can place your orders as you need them, or you may come up with an ongoing arrangement for regular emails or newsletters if you find someone who fits your needs.
- Editing and Formatting – Let’s say you love doing your own blog post writing but hate editing and formatting it, then you can outsource those tasks to someone else. If you hire a freelancer to do your editing and formatting for you, it will save you tons of time. This really helps if editing isn’t your strong suit. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to do a rough draft, and then let someone else clean up your writing.
- Keyword Research – If you like doing all the writing for your blog and business, you may consider letting someone else do your keyword research. You may not be good at finding long tail keywords or you may just detest doing keyword research. Either way, keyword research is a great task to outsource.
- Doing Market Research – For those of your that are venturing into a completely new niche, or those of you that need help narrowing down your target audience, if you outsource your market research it will help you save heaps of time. You can focus on other tasks for your blog while you let your freelancer handle your research.
- Replying to Emails – One of the most overwhelming things to any blogger is responding to emails, and not just responding but responding in a timely manner, this makes it a great task to outsource to someone else. However, you should be very careful with this because you will be entrusting someone with your personal information which should never be compromised. Make sure they know how to respond to messages, what should be forwarded to you to handle and what to do with specific emails.
- Image Design – Everyone isn’t skilled in creating images, and outsourcing this task can be a time saver. You can purchase pre-made image packs, or get a designer to create images especially for you.
- Creating Videos – If you decide to use YouTube, Vimeo or any other type of video platform to promote your blog posts, this may be a great task to outsource to someone else. Whether you need the entire thing created by someone else, you need an intro & outro created or you just need someone to edit and upload your “already created” videos, this will help free up your time so that you can spend it on other blog tasks.
- Social Media and Networking – Outsourcing social media and networking is a great time saver. You can hire someone to post to social media sites for you, interact with your readers, and make notes of important issues that may need your attention. You can also hire someone to teach you how to handle networking and social media if that is a better option for you.
No matter what tasks you choose to outsource, you’re going to free yourself up to do the tasks that matter most to you. Always be diligent and patient when outsourcing, if you are used to doing everything yourself it will be a huge change for you and will take time to get used to. Start off with very small tasks and when you are comfortable with those, move up to outsourcing bigger tasks. Use the ideas above, but also spend some time brainstorming tasks you may want to outsource in the future.